Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Speech to a Friend with Anxiety


Hello!

It's been a while since I last posted anything, so I guess I'll start with a poem I wrote in Language Arts. I hope you like it! :)


You won’t have to just sit there,

Suffering day after day

When all the “what ifs” gather

and fear sharpens its teeth.

When the twinge of regret grows

and slashes through your chest

As if your heart were its sheath.

You don’t have to be comforted by

That familiar twisted mantra

“I deserve this”

Just to endure the pain.

Are you still facing it all on your own?

You might feel like you’re alone

But you’re not.

I’m here.

I’m here with you,

and I’m not going anywhere.

Don’t hurt yourself like this,

It hurts me too.

I just want to see you be happy.

What can I do?

You can talk to me, ok? I’m listening.

It’s hard, isn’t it?

I know I can’t relate to you completely,

And some words I say may hurt more than help,

But I’ll try.

I don’t blame you at all.

It’s not your fault, it never was.

Blaming yourself makes you feel worse, right?

There’s nothing wrong with you.

Since, who doesn’t have a demon to face?

Why am I here? Because you matter to me.

You’re the same person I’ve always cared about.

And I DO care.

I’m going to help you the best I can

Just as you helped me before.

Keep fighting, ok?

Even if it’s only for one more smile,

Or one more day.

I’ll be fighting them by your side.

It might take a while to win,

But we’ll make it through,

Together.

My friend, this is for you.

Lorlaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you can comment your thoughts about my post! Please use appropriate language and don't spam. Feel free to let your voices be heard!